Monday, December 31, 2007

Andy has always wanted to live in Summit County. I have always love the mountains but have never really thought about what it would be like to live in them all the time. I knew when we would be coming up to Silverthorne I wanted to look around and really try to see if I could live at an altitude of 10,000 feet. The first day we were here, it was beautiful! The skies were blue there was no wind and a gentle snow. I drove a bit on the snow packed road and thought, Yeah, I could live here and love it. The mountains make me feel so small and just in awe of the beauty of the Colorado Rockies. That was Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, we were condo-bound because it just looked to unbearable to go out. It had been snowing non-stop and the wind whipped your face and blew right through your jacket. It was so cold. Andy had patrol at Copper and was outside both days. If we do move up here, I think I will be spending a lot of time at home, especially on the windy days. Now, we are waiting for I-70 to open back up...it has been closed all morning. It is very seasonal living up here...I kinda like it. It makes you aware of nature and live in the rhythm of the seasons. I think I could live in the mountains...I think all the positive aspects out weight the cold and wind. It would just take some getting use to.

2 comments:

anita said...

Just think of all the positives...you could homeschool your kids, and think of all the sewing and crafting you'd get done in the winter! Personally, I would love it!

{B} said...

I know Anita...It would ba a ton of fun to live in the mountains.