Saturday, November 17, 2012

Welcome Winter...


For several years we have ushered in the winter season by going to see the Warren Miller film.  We pile into a theater and hoot and holler while watching some of the most amazing ski and snowboard footage.  I have very limited experience with skiing and snowboarding and from what I can recall it was more stressful than fun for me, but the Warren Miller films make me want to hop on a helicopter and ride to the top of the biggest mountain I can find and just go for it.  

It makes me want to fly to the most remote village in Switzerland to experience a place where you can only ski or snowshoe - no cars allowed. 

It makes me long for a blizzard to come so we can have our own winter playground.  

I start thinking -maybe we should just pack up and move to some remote place that can only be accessed by snowmobiles and where there is always hot chocolate and a warm quilt near by... 

Ultimately, it makes me realize how amazing nature is, and that we should be enjoying this world we live in, and that surely God is a skier or snowboarder.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are the sister to my heart. truly.

Unknown said...

you are the sister to my heart. truly.

Hannah said...

love this: "surely God is a skier or a snowboarder."