Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie? Yes Please...

I am always on the look out for recipes that can become my go-to...I found my blue berry muffin recipe, my favorite pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, banana bread, and now I've found my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are the right balance of sweet and salt and they come out big and thick and just so good. When I make cookies, I tend to use the cheapest chocolate chips I can find at the store...I can only imagine the goodness these cookies would be with some high quality chocolate chips. This is also an amazing cookie base...you can pretty much add what ever additions you want - white chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, anything and they will come out good.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 c flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c melted butter
1 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 T vanilla
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 c chocolate chips

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
  3. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
  4. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments: