Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mmmmmm....

We love bananas bread at our house. I make banana bread almost every week in the autumn and winter. In the summer, our house is so hot that I try not to use our oven at all...too bad for us, we had six bananas that were ready to be made in to bread. Yum! Two loaves for us and one for Aunt Brie. I got this recipe from Andy's grandma...I have made it enough times that I have changed it a bit. Here is the recipe:
Put the oven to 300 degrees
You will bake the bread for 55 minutes

1/2 cup butter - nuked for 20 seconds to make it soft
3/4 cup sugar
2 ripe bananas
2 cups flour
a bit of cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
In a mixing bowl (I use my trusty Kitchen Aid) cream butter and sugar. Add the bananas (without the peels of course) and mix until combined. Add the bit of cinnamon (sometimes at this point I add some wheat germ too). In a small bowl mix together the flour and the baking soda. Add the flour and soda to the banana mixture. The dough will be really thick...add 1-2 tsp. of milk until it thins out a bit. Place the dough in a greased bread pan. Put in the oven on the middle rack for 55-60 minutes. You can also try adding peanut butter, chocolate chips, or oats to this dough. Enjoy!

1 comment:

anita said...

Yum. Come to Washington. Make us banana bread, too.