Monday, August 22, 2011

Slipping away...

So wow...welcome to the second half of August. I have been working like a mad woman for the last few weeks and have not had anytime to do much of anything. I feel like I woke up from my work fog this weekend and realized that summer is slipping away. Before we know it the leaves will start changing and autumn will be here. In the mean time, I am determined to enjoy the rest of our garden.
Our first artichoke, the size of a golfball right now...
Also, our first sunflower around 10-11 feet tall.
We have to harvest our vegetables in a laundry basket...zucchini, summer squash, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and watermelon.

4 comments:

anita said...

Your garden is beautiful! I've been waiting for updates! wish you were coming up for the wedding, we will miss you!

{B} said...

Thank you Anita! I wish we were able to come out too..I'm way bummed! It is going to be so beautiful!

iMollie said...

so beautiful! thanks for sharing such bounty!

Amanda Purvis said...

Gorgeous, Andy looks so happy!