Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snow

Snow.  Finally.  We've been waiting for it all winter long.  

There was a time when I didn't really care for the snow.  My winters were spent in flip flops despite the piles of cold white stuff on the sidewalks - I would just ignore it, dreaming of summer days. Now,  I've grown to love it.  

I love the feeling of snuggling up at home, working on a project as the flakes start to fall - while others are running to the store for milk and bread before a storm I have to contain my panic to get to a craft store so I can get supplies.  

Making hot chocolate. With whipped cream.  And marshmallows.  And homemade chocolate chip cookies. 

Going sledding until you can't feel your toes or your nose.  

I especially love the big snows.  I hope that every year we will be granted at least one snow day - it should actually be a law.

So thankful to live in Colorado - am amazing mix of snow and sunshine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cant wait to be home!!