Thursday, September 16, 2010

I love old things. I have been collecting vintage items for the last few years just because it is something I love. I buy items that I can use such as pyrex bowls, hand mixers, butter dishes, salt and pepper shakers, old quilts, etc. I love using these items because they make me happy. I love their design and style. It has become a challenge for me to find unique and fun items...a treasure hunt that I go on whenever I go thrifting or to yard sales. I am always surprised with what I find and that is what makes it so exciting and kinda addicting. A few weeks ago, I went to a garage sale and stumbled on to two boxes full of vintage sewing patterns from the 40s and 50s. I bought them all. They are amazing and beautiful and I want to make them so I can wear them. Aren't they so very cool? Of course, my project list is all ready a mile long, so I am going to sell these beauties and share the vintage goodness with others.

No comments: