Yes, today we pulled the plug on our microwave. I had been thinking of doing this for a some time now and while I was cleaning out the pantry (where the microwave used to live), I pulled the plug. It was so much easier than I thought...it didn't even put up a fight when I took it from its home. There is so much information out there about the adverse affects the microwave has...HERE is one site. We didn't really use the microwave a whole lot except for maybe microwave popcorn or warming something up quickly. I did promise Andy we would get an air popper....he loves his popcorn. It will take some getting use to...for instance, when I went to heat up Blake's lunch, I opened the pantry before I remembered the microwave had been removed. Oh well, that's what stoves are for. I have also been rather inspired by THIS blog. This guy lives in New York and is doing what he can to leave no impact on the earth. There are great links for living green.